Our blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.fivehumans.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to FiveHumans' blog!

FiveHumans is a company with the self appointed task of curing ignorance through hip, fashionable clothing. Our t-shirts are created to raise awareness in bold style and provide all humans an opportunity to showcase their devotion towards spearheading change.

FiveHumans launched in October 2007 and offers t-shirts dedicated to autism, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and asthma.

10% of the sale price of each shirt sold will be donated to the related non-profit.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Remembering someone with Alzheimer's

I have been wanting to write a post for a long time regarding Alzheimer's. I know there are so many people affected by this cause, and I am one of them. I'll never forget when my mom told me about my grandmother, the person who I thought was going to live forever. She was so active and healthy and such a big part of my life. My grandmother lived with the disease for about 6 years. It was so hard to watch her turn into child and not be able to do or remember anything, I almost couldn't watch, my sister was absolutely amazing with her...taking care of her, changing diapers, feeding her, etc. I just felt like I did not want to remember her that way, so I was kind of in the background. I definitely stayed a part of her life and she stayed a part of mine...as a matter of fact my daughter's middle name was after my late grandmother. I could go on forever about this amazing women, just writing this blog brings tears to my eyes. As you know I am apart of FiveHumans and am really anxious to make Alzheimer's one of our causes. I am looking for people to share their stories...this will help us come up with some amazing shirts that bring about awareness and show their support in the fight to find a cure for Alzheimer's. Please comment on my blog or share your stories on our website at www.fivehumans.com. I appreciate you listening to my story and hope that some of you never have to watch a loved one go through this.

Thanks,
Nicole

No comments: